This post office is nicely situated at the head of Willow Creek, and is surrounded by a fine farming and stock-raising, gently rolling prairie.
The first settlers in this section were A. W. Waterman and John Jarmin, in March, 1874; John N. Storey and Andrew and Levi Minkler, in May; Lewis Bitney and Francis McEvony, in June; E. R. Andrews and Eli Bitney came in 1875. The post office was established in 1874, with A. W. Waterman for Postmaster. A store was opened in 1879, at the post office, by E. R. Andrews. The first school was taught by Mrs. A. W. Waterman in 1876. A sod schoolhouse was built here in the
spring of 1879. It is a commodious building, still used as a temple of learning. A Congregational Church was organized in June, 1881, by Rev. Henry Griffiths, and a Presbyterian Church, July 17, 1881, by Rev. George Williams, with twenty members.
The first child born here was Myrtle A. Storey, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John N. Storey, in November 1876. The first death was that of Mrs. McEvony, mother of Francis McEvony, in August, 1876. At Willowdale there is now only the post office and a blacksmith shop, the store having been moved to the railroad station at Plainview, Pierce County.